250motoxer

Apr 13, 2002
I recently got a 2004 KX250. I have not ridden it very much yet, still on it's first tank of gas. Yesterday I took it out continuing to break it in nice and easy... After about 20 minutes it fouled the original plug... I figured no big deal. I put in a new plug and away i went. About another 20 minutes of riding and it fouls the plug again. Only carried one spare. :eek:
The original was an NGK BR8EIS {or IES not sure} the second plug I used was a BR9ES. Do I need to run a Resistor type plug in this bike?
My other thought was to drain the rest of the gas out and put my own mix in. Any other thoughts?

BlazinBoy

Feb 13, 2004
Yes definately change your fuel. Be sure to run a resistor plug and make sure you use the correct heat range (BR8ES). Was the stock plug a BR8ES or a BR8EVX?

dustinabax

Apr 23, 2004
Yea you might want to try draing the fuel and puting in your own mixture whatever you do dont use splitfire plugs I would stick with NGK also if you were just taking it easy while you were riding and not geting on the gas any that could have caused it I have had that happen to me a few times

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
It's broken in now so put in fresh fuel, a new plug and ride the heck out of it. :aj:

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I switched to the BR8ES plugs after my yz250 started plug fouling... They work just as well and only cost like $1.50 at the auto parts store (get mine at Oreilly's)...

- BA

Top Bottom