MOTOX888

Dec 3, 2005
What is the deal with the 03 rm125 spark plug? It is 30.00 at my local dealer. :bang: Are there any alternative plugs I can use? If not then where would I find these plugs for a cheaper price??? Thanks :coocoo:

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
What kind of plug is it suposed to be? I run a BR8ES instead of a 12 dollar BR8EIX. But if you jetting is good and you dont foul your plugs, just run the 30 dollar plug.

MOTOX888

Dec 3, 2005
The plug is an NGK r6918b-8. My jetting is correct as i have a pc pipe and i jetted it to their recomendations. I have never fouled a plug on this bike

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I used to run the same plug in my 99 rm125. The cheapest I ever found it was $20. I know you can run a BR8ES. I ran the expensive plug for 2 reasons. 1) It was recommended because the ground strap of the plug is not as susceptible to failing from engine vibrations.(Claimed by Suzuki). And 2) Because I never foul plugs, and would only buy 1 a year. I used to carry the cheaper plug as a spare "just in case."

05KX125

Nov 5, 2005
I have the same plug in my bike. It cost me 30 bucks as well. I ran the iridium plug BR9EIX, and kept fouling it. Like Darringer said. Its the one they reccomend, and so far so good, so im stickin with that. I can deal with gettin one of thoes a year

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Buy the right plug. I was having this dilemma as well until I saw a letter about this from a big wig at NGK. The expensive plug has a special tip. The RM 125 has a high degree of vibration which can cause the tip of the regular plug to break off and bounce around your cylinder. That obviously would not be a good thing.

Jet it right and you'll just need one good plug per year. I keep a couple $2.00 cheap plugs around for an emergency. I use cheap ones for jetting and testing, as they apparently tend to break after a lot of hard use. However, I'm using the good one 90% of the time and for racing.

The local Honda shop (go figure) ordered the good ones for me and sells them for $23.99. (My local Suzuki shop sucks - they are TERRIBLE for parts.).

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
Humm... Same thing here. The guy at the shop told me to run one of those in my RM250. But my jetting's kinda rich, and I go through plugs about...................

Once a day or so? :)

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
From what I've read its probably not a problem if you're chaging them often. I prefer not to take a chance, but my bike was jetted VERY close when I got it . . .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom