Speedchannel #2

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Here is a 'less NASCAR' online petition for SpeedChannel

http://www.petitiononline.com/cel21/petition.html

The online schedule shows a return to motorcycles tonight, but of course a 'Totally NASCAR' episode is thrown in for good measure.:moon:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
DONE! Thanks for the link. NASCAR reeks. :silly:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I did not look at the schedule for next Tuesday, but was disipointed to find a Nascar race on. Wasn't Daytona over this weekend? I guess I will have to sign the potition. I sure hope that it will be back to normal next week. I have something to do tonight and must don't have time to watch arena cross tonight. I realy must get TIVO or something. Its hard to set the VCR when the time slots change everyweek. I was busy around the house Saturday and turned on the VCR to record the supercross. Man was I pissed this week to see that I had the cable on the TV and hit record, but forgot to change the channel on the VCR to 3. I did get a pretty good game of USA hockey though.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Done-I'm 2812.

Let DirecTV know why you cancelled the Speedvision (the sports package) as I did. I wasn't going to pay the extra monthly once Speedvision went Nascrap. Unfortunately, I think we are outnumbered. It's kind of like quads to bikes at a 4 to 1 ratio-the same is probably true in the motorsports world.:uh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
2920, done.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by super rat

Did anyone watch Daytona?

I did, just long enough to see a handful of riders make a righthand turn, I swear it was a righthand turn :scream:

And I'm # 3051

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
We're fighting a losing (lost) battle, guys & gals. The whole reason speedvision went to MORE NASCAR was to get MORE viewers. For every one of us that drops Speedvision, there's 14 Bubba's hollerin' at ther' cable company to geet more 'dem Nascar races. Although I agree that we must let them know, and even cancel our Speedvision subscription, if necessary (how many of you will hold this way when Speedvision offers live AMA/JAM Supercross/Motocross next year?:scream: ).

Let's face it. We're not popular. NASCAR is popular. I heard the nielsen rating for the Daytona 500 was unbelievable, with 35 MILLION viewers.

Uh, doesn't that come close to the superbowl viewing audience?:o
We're hosed.:uh:

We're RIGHT. But we're hosed. I tried to make this point before: what's popular is not necessary "the best", and in fact, many times the converse is true. Remember that Mozart, Einstein, and more were shunned...yes, that's it. I equate dirtbiking to Mozart & Einstein. In fact, much more important.;)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
done, thanks for the link, not a rabid, NACAR hater but, am way tired of it. Only reason I bought the dish was for ESPN2 and speedvision, hope they get better next year.:)

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002

Nascar is very popular with all the older rednecks I know. Personally, Id rather watch anything other than that. Actually I was into it for 6 months after days of thunder came out. But that died out quick.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Done 4055

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I also miss the short track auto racing, and off-road stuff. BTW, I saw an off- road race on the Outdoor channel the other day. Never expected that!:confused:

Top Bottom