sputter

paramountsec

Dec 4, 2004
I am trying to sell my bike.

A guy came over and looked at it today. When he rode it, he said that at cruising speed with very little throttle, the engine sputters. When I first got the bike, I noticed it and someone told me it might be a flat spot on the needle. It never bothered me because, I never just barely used the throttle. While climbing a hill under load, it does not sputter.

Just wondering if anyone might know what this might be, or if anyone else has this problem. I really need to sell the bike.

Thanks,

bill :eek:

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
do a search for "2001 cr250 jetting" or "s-7 nozzle"
i have the same bike,and i found the info very good.i ended up with a pwk on my bike,but i never tried the s-7 nozzle,and my bike runs very strong now.it seems the people that changed the nozzle,came away with good results.it makes sense to me though,the rich spot in the power is right after you come on the main jet.i tried different needles and it didnt work.but i also didnt know you could change the nozzle.it was the 1st time i ever dealt with a mikuni.give the nozzle a shot...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…