Jujarso

May 27, 2001
Hey everyone.
Has anyone tried an SST pipe and silencer combo on a 2002 Kx 125? I have heard some rave reviews from a few past model years, but I have never actually ridden with a set equipped.

If so, how are the performance gains? Will they assist the KX in running with the mighty ktm?

Thanks, :cool:

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I dont know if the SST will give much of a boost to the KX but i do know it will take more than a pipe to run with the KTM-IMO Eric Gorr will be able to give you the info on the best bang per buck-give him a ring his number is in the sponsor list on the left,BTW do you know if the 02 has a 38mm or 36mm carb?Steve 125 thinks that Kawasaki did a U turn at the last minute and kept the 36mm.IF so i would get a 38mm ASAP.

Jujarso

May 27, 2001
Yeah, the '02 has a 38mm. I know a pipe + silencer alone wont make the somewhat anemic KX motor mirror the more powerful motors in the class, but from what I've heard about past reviews of the sst, it improves power throughout the powerband. Because of the numerous changes this year, especially the 38mm carb, I wasn't sure if the same results would still be achieved.

I'll eventually have Eric Gorr work his magic, but I thought I would try some of the less complicated steps first, suchs as a pipe + silencer.
Anyhow, Thanks for the input guys.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
My dealer last month had a demo day and I got to ride a stock kx125, then and I got to ride this kx125 it had an SST pipe/silencer, and vforce installed. And let me tell ya way more bottom end and revved alot higher. When I pick up my 2003 I'm getting the pipe done first. But I don't know about the newer ones but my 99 kx the porting is weird and getting that done makes a big diff.

Matt

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom