2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
alright, so when i shift gears it shifts smooth and clean....exept when i put it into 1st. if i just have the clutch in and click it into 1st it just dies,,, but it i rev it and put it into 1st it will shift fine... other than this the bike runs great... thanks for any input. :cool:

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
hey jackflack havnt seen you in awhile, well my dad was changing my oil and wanted to put this oriely 10w-40 in it. and i got super mad because the oil is crap. and he wont take me to get amsoil, because thinks its a waste of money...sorry bout the rant but thats how it is.... it is also a 1999 kx100.

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
ya i replaced it about a month ago... so if its the basket or something im gonna be mad cause those are expensive..a.d im broke...but tear iin and have a look

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
ok my dad and i looked inside, it looks like there are little lines on the basket, but i have never seen a grooved basket before and neither has my dad, so can someone show me a pic. or describe it to me. thanks to all

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The outside of the clutch basket, it has a bunch of open slots, that the fiber plates line up against. If it starts pushing dents from the plates into the aluminum, could be your problem. That edge is supposed to be flat. If you are careful with a file, you can fix it. If its been filed before, you may have too much slop between the plate tab and basket, then its time to get a new one. I would not put amsoil in my enemies dirt bike. Any plain old regular everyday car oil is fine, change it every couple hours.

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
thanks aton, i really do apreciate y'alls help. i'll let you know how it goes...

cjclark87

Jul 7, 2009
In other words:

The fingers of the basket, the pieces that stick up off the back plate, will have little groves in it. it should be smooth. take your finger and run it over the edge of one of the basket fingers, and if it has a bunch of ripples, it mean you need a new basket, or do what this dude^^ says and lightly file it down.

hope that helped, and hope it works.

Top Bottom