Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
I live in SE Michigan and like to ride at Maumee State Forest. Last year, I talked with a ranger there and he said Michigan ORV stickers will no longer be accepted. Michigan residents would need to purchase temporary Ohio ORV stickers (15 day period) in order to ride there.

Does anyone know the status on this issue? Apparently, there was going to be some discussion about allowing us to purchase annual Ohio ORV stickers as non-residents. I hope this option is available since buying temporary stickers is a nuisance.

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
I am not a lawyer, but if the state of Ohio honors your drivers license, then it would stand to reason they should honor our ORV tags. Sounds a bit unconstitutional to me. Ever been to "Radar's", it is very close to Maumee? It is a private track that 's fun to ride. I have not been there for 2 or 3 years now. Heard a rumor the county shut him down.

Mark

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
I never got the chance to ride at Radar's before it got closed down. Heard it was a real nice place to ride/race.

glf22

Jul 7, 2005
Matt R
I never made it down to the Ohio BMV last night. That slave driver Karl postponed my early departure from work. I think I will try again next Wednesday when they are open late. No way do I want to go there on a Saturday. I will try and find out when I get there.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'd be very surprised if any states had a reciprocity agreement in place for land-use permits that are managed at the state level. Kinda like a our metro park passes (Kensington, Indian Springs, Stoney, etc.).... they aren't valid in Kansas. As far as driver licenses, hard to compare because they're for operating on roads that are funded by taxes (federal or state).

BTW, Michigan's yearly $16.25 ORV permit is an incredible deal. Some states charge $25 to ride for 1 day!

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Check KTM talk. I think there was a tread on this subject. If I remember, seems that if you have the MI street plates, you might be legal on Ohio trails.

Top Bottom