slyder

Jul 29, 2003
i have a '00 220r and run hare scrambles in nc. im wondering if a stabliser would be a good mod to my bike. any thoughts or info are welcome

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I have a W.E.R. and it is awesome in the rocks and roots. I now have little or no fear that the bars will be wrenched out of my hands. I have gotten used to relaxing my grip a little and arm pump is reduced. When I first put it on, I thought I was wasteing my money because I didn't notice any difference. Then I started to ride faster to the point I would get in trouble before only now I could see that I could handle the terrain better at speed. I don't notice any improvement though in the sand. The front end still washs out on loose stuff if your body isn't positioned correctly. With the KDX220, that means sitting far enough forward that you get intimate with the gas cap. I know most like to keep the front light in the sand but I have found that by dang near sitting on the forks allows me to steer in sand without a washout.

Henk

Apr 15, 2000
I've got a WER damper on a KTM 360sx and a scot on an 02 TM250. My wife has a scot on a 99 KDX200.
Riding rocks and roots they help a lot, less deflections so less crashing, riding sand they help over whoops (we get a few over here). The only bad thing is that since you can get away with hitting things harder you do, so when it does go all pear shaped you crash going faster. I think they are worth the effort. It only has to keep you out of hospital once to pay for itself.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom