Sticker goo removal suggestions.

Canon

Nov 17, 2001
Hello all. Am open for suggestions on what chemical/mild solvent any of you have found to give good results when cleaning sticker residue from plastic. I just received replacement pre-cut number plate backgrounds for my wifes RM125 and foresee a sticky war.
I want to avoid anything so strong as to haze the plastic. When working on my KDX, I got lucky, and most came off with the stickers. I don't think I will be as lucky this time. All suggestions welcomed.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
WD-40 to break the glue down into giant booger type material then clean plastic with simple green before applying stickers. Works great.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
Heat the stickers with a hair dryer or heat gun when you remove them. That often helps soften the glue. Use mineral spirits to get the rest of the glue off.

Canon

Nov 17, 2001
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will attack the stickers this weekend, and see what happens. Thanks again!

Einstein

May 27, 2002
At work we use this stuff called pre-kleano (sp?) It'll eat away anything with an adhesive while not touching the surface it was stuck to, but it's only available in gallon containers. Goof Off would be the next best.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
goo gone is an excellent product, and citrus smelling :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm another Goo Gone user. Stuff works great and goes a long way.
Goof Off is another good product but it is as caustic as acetone, be careful with it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom