Sticky forks (for the 100th time)

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Hey guys I know this is probably the most talked about topic in this board but I just got back my forks after having a brand new cartridge put in one of them just for the rebound rod, my problem is now the forks seem to be sticky, they don't come back up to full extension unless I have accelerated, they don't sag down, they just stick when they are compressed, is this because of the new internals? It's not sticking way down on the stroke, but more than before. Oh yeah the problem with my forks is they didn't have a rebound rod in them and the fork guides were put in upside down and were cracked and pulvarized into pieces I actually got them back from the dealer and I might post it, Thanks for everyones advice in this and my previous post.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
ya know what I don't think I did the procedure right for making sure there isn't any binding, I'll get back to you, but feel free to comment

Eric T

Apr 1, 2002
My test for binding forks:
- remove the fork from the bike
- unscrew the cap
- the outer tube should slowly move down under its own weight

If the outer tube doesn't move down all the way, then you're sticking somewhere. Could be from a bent tube or bad bushings.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
actually the forks were binding because of installation, (when I put in the axle I didn't hit the brakes so the right fork tube was coming in a little) the forks weren't parallel so I got it to work right after loosening the axle pinch bolts.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…