Sticky forks on my '00rm125

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
The forks hardly works at all on the small bumps except under braking. They simply doesnt move and the bike have to absorb it.

I've changed to 2.5w oil and tried all the "get it right mounted" methods to get the forks straight. Next up will be to change the seals. I know the bike have been in a garage for one year but he said the forks was the same before. I was thinking if they have dried out. I have also though about revalving cause im running the softest compression setting and im not yet happy. Any other ideas?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The showas are prone to this problem-new bushes seems to fix it.They will need revalving as they are a bit stiff in 2000.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I took them apart today but i cant seem to get it apart compleatly, it was quite a time since i did this before and on a much older bike. Any tips would be helpful, i cant disamble the cartridge.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
have u been riding in the sand pits alot, my friends 02 YZ did that from riding in the pits...

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Thanks, i didnt understand too much of the pdf but i managed to get the forks apart. Then i assamle them again and i didnt notice any stiction untill the seals were mounted. However not that big not untill i filled them with oil they got hard(ofcource) so i guiss revalving is the thing to do.

What is made really on a revavle?

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Can i remove some of the shims to make it softer? If so is it recomended? suspension is my bad part about dirtbikes but i realize its the most important so i gotta learn it. What does the shims do?

Race tech gold valves kit can that give me the same results as a revavle? Can anyone say how much difference i can make with it?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…