Benny477

Aug 22, 2005
I`ve had mx tech revalve them and I been happy with their performance but after changing oil recently I have a dilema. I should point out that I went to 5wt from the motowrex 2.5 they use and lowered the level from 105mm to 120mm because they were too stiff. Anyway with the rebound on 11,which is one click more open to compensate for heavier oil in the forks than the 2.5wt, they absorb braking bumps and most everything else really well but rebound too fast in corners and off jump faces . When I turn it down to 10 I get headshake on braking bumps going into turns and on general hack on hardpack. I`ve always left comp set at 12 which is what was suggested after revalve. Shock setup has always been as revalve suggested 12 comp 10 reb and 1.5 hsp comp. Any suggestions?

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Head shake isn't caused by fork adjustments.

Try setting your sag properly so your not to steep on the front end. Then repack and tighten your steering stem bearings to the proper torque.

Both of those recommendations will go a long way towards preventing or stopping head shake...

By the way, I've been racing since 1978. I've owned RM's, YZ's and CR's. I've never had head shake unless my steering stem was to loose. I have also had MX Tech suspension on my last three bikes and it was very good. They use an oil weight that complements their valving, any change in weight screws everything up. Springs and oil height can be adjusted but changing weight would mean that you're not happy with the valving. If that's the case call Jeremy and have him help you get it right...

Benny477

Aug 22, 2005
I`ll have to try the 2.5 wt again and see what happens. I guess my main problem with this bike has been the way it corners, it won`t hold a line through the turn. Which I think is mainly due to too light of rebound in the forks and if you try to slow it down to get the bike to hold a line it packs and you get headshake. It is a very sensative chassis.

YZ Teacher

Mar 13, 2007
From what you have posted my set up is almost the same as yours and my 03 250 corners very well. I do run the oil at 120mm so you might like that as well. Also, think about moving your forks up 2-5mm in the trees as that should help the cornering as well.

Top Bottom