MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
Anyone know where to find stiffer springs (front and rear) for an 85 KDX 200? Either aftermarket or something from a different bike that would fit. Thanks

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
For the forks you an buy a kx front end from about the same year it should bolt right up. You need to buy the entire front end though. What do you plan on doing with it MX? I hope not!

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
No racing, but it does seem to bottom out pretty easy. Was just wondering if the springs alone could be swapped out. If I have to change the whole front end I might as well just buy a KX :)

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
I'd say look at either racetech, www.racetech.com, or mx-tech, www.mx-tech.com, and see what you can make fit. Just give their tech support numbers a call. MX Tech definitely has 38mm springs (which I think is correct for your bike)--now to see if they can handle the length and weight you need. Progressive Suspension also lists fork springs for your year, www.progressivesuspension.com. Good luck!

Best,
Greg

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
Eibach has the rear spring for your KDX. I did have a bit of trouble getting mine installed. The spring they offer for the older KDX's is .200 larger in diameter than the stock spring. I had to machine a collar to go in between the spring and the spanner nuts. Kawasaki has a good selection of front springs for about $35.00 each.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Raising the oil level will greatly improve bottoming resistance.

You can stiffen your stock springs by cutting off some coils. If you cut off 10% of the coils the spring will be 10% stiffer. This is what I did to my old '84. Combined with the higher oil level the forks were dramatically better. You will need to add additional length to the pre-load spacers if you cut the springs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom