stock clutch okay?

kdennan

Jan 1, 2006
So I just finished adding the FMF pipe, Boyesen reeds and airbox mods. Will the stock clutch be okay for a while or will it be toasted right away? (05' 220)

yo its matt!

Aug 26, 2000
unless you are someone that abuses a clutch you really should be ok, the small amount more power that you are making really wont make any difference

kdennan

Jan 1, 2006
Cool. I would rather spend the $$ on new tires and a steering damper. I am used to an XR 600 and a KTM 300 so I don't much care for over using the clutch. I did leave the pilot stock at 42, raised the clip on the needle from 3rd to 2nd position from the top and bumped the main up from 145 to a 148. I have'nt been able to check it out yet because it is 10 below zero and we have a foot of snow on the ground here. How does this jetting sound?

jakenepa

Feb 26, 2006
usually you would lean your main jet after adding aftermarket pipe. i went from 160 main to 158 so far after adding a boyeson rad valve.

kdennan

Jan 1, 2006
It seems the bike came set up a little rich, so I could conceivably end up staying put with the jetting (stock)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…