Stock or FMF fatty on KX310 : Rich?

MarkSims

Feb 9, 2004
Hi. I have a KX310 done by Eric. I highly recommend this mod for anyone with a KX250 - trails or MX!

I've been thinking about "trying" the FMF Fatty since I heard that it's recommended for big bores. I hate to throw away $200 if I don't like it as much as stock or can't tell a difference.

I don't want to bother Eric since I know he's a very busy man. Rich or anyone else: do you know what difference the fatty would make to the powerband compared to stock?

Follow-up question: If the fatty is recommended, should I get the powercore II also or stick with the stock silencer?

Thanks! Mark

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
the FMF fatty pipes usually work well on big bores. but, you wont feel a massive difference, eg compared to 310cc vs 250cc.

however, if you are keeping the bike, its worth having a spare pipe and the fattys are quite durable. i would look on e-bay, i would bet you will get one for less than $100.

the silencer can also make a difference, but more importantly, the shorty silencers sound bitchen when you are on the pipe!!! :)

MarkSims

Feb 9, 2004
Thanks for the response! I'll probably get the pipe and if I don't like it for some reason I should be able to sell it to get back some of my money.

I was looking at the Titanium 2 silencer - which appears to be like the powercore 2. I'm guessing the powercore 2 will be similar to stock. Any idea how the shorty will affect the powerband? Specifically, will it sign-off earlier or later?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
get the regular powercore shorty. theory dictates the shorty will sign off earlier, but it will be negligable and its not like you ride a 310 like you would ride a 125!

Top Bottom