dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I received a call from one of my friends from the Sheriff's office. They recovered my motorcycle after some kid used him to get away from attempting another felony. The little punk ripped off the radiator plastics and the front number plate and spray painted everything else black. So far the damage appears superficial, but it's still going to cost me money to make him ridable again. I haven't opened the cylinder yet so there is potential for it to be more of a headache than it's worth. $280.00 just to get him home... and that's just the beginning. :( My poor baby has been assaulted. At least I have him back in time for summer riding.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Wow that sucks, but at least you get you bike back and they got the thief.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I guess that's good news. Congratulations. YZ165

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
COOL ~d~ At least you got the M1 back in mostly one piece. This is cause for a 3 banana dude celebration. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

There is probably some KDX stuff floating around in the shop if you need anything, let me know.

... update , I just heard your message that you left. :bang:

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Up here we have a thing called restitution, where the felon gets to pay for all of the repairs(in theory anyway). It's worth a shot.

Glad to hear you got the bike back :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congrats d ... getting him back is better than the alternative.

Good luck on the repairs. Post up what you need, folks may well have spair stuff hanging around.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's great news ~d~. This place is likely to chip in and make Jeff Fredette drool over your bike.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Kav said:
Wow that sucks, but at least you get you bike back and they got the thief.

No, they didn't catch him. He ditched the bike and ran off into the blackberry bushes. If they DO catch him then I'm pressing charges for the cost of the repairs and the impound fees.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. As soon as I make a list of what needs to be replaced or repaired I'll post it up in the Parts Wanted forum.

I just got back in from sitting on him and making vrooom vroom sounds. :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That's awesome you got the bike back!! You got very lucky. I hope they catch the kid. Hopefully the bike isn't wrecked too bad.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :cool: Even though it's got some damage at least you got it back.

Steve

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
Hey man, I feel your pain. I recently had my dirtbike stolen from me. What makes it worse is that its the start of the riding season. Its the first major thing that has ever been stolen from me. Dont you feel abused? I'm just very glad your bike was recoverd. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Great news ~d~, in a way...Hope you can get it all back in shape!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
~D, what year KDX is that. I have a completely parted-out E model ('89-'94) KDX in my basement and would be glad to send you whatever you need.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
biglou said:
Cool, ~d~. Maybe they'll give you five minutes alone with the punk if they catch him...

Well I do get morning coffee with some of the Deputies from that district. :p

Capt. Obvious, it's a 97 220. Thanks for the offer. I'm going to give myself a few days before I actually add up how much $$$ it's going to cost me and what parts I'll need. :|

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom