Bigbore XR630

Jun 25, 2006
i have an xr600 it has lots of horsies. A 630 bigbore kit installed at ballards when the bike was brand new. Is this too big a bike to do stoppies. Maybe you have some advice for me for not only my bike but how a stoppie is done .....greg

Bigbore XR630

Jun 25, 2006
its not so much my engine size but my whole bike....so are you saying you can do stoppies on any bike....?.. I just didnt want to go over the bars and then find out im a twit for trying to do one and my bike...haha

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Have you ever seen an R1 do a stoppie, now those are heavy. Start small, clutch in, brake hard, push forward. If you tip too far, let go of the brake. Oh, don't forget to wear a helmet. Landing on your hed without one sucks. Last time I went over I ended up on my chest with a KX65 hanging over my back.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
You must have gone...

oldguy said:
I just call it a typical day of riding

At least the going over the bars part
...to the fast guy's school! The one who posted that they were easier to do at speed.

Personally, I don't want to be up on the gas cap and grabbin' a handfull of front brake at anything over about 10 mph! :nod:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Funny story here; 4 or 5 years ago, my now 11.5 y.o. daughter saw me doing a stoppie and asked me to do another "Momma Wheelie." When I asked her what she meant, she explained that since having the front wheel up was called a "Papa Wheelie" she figured having the rear wheel up must be a "Momma Wheelie." :laugh: :cool: :nod:

BTW, My '82 Gold Wing brakes were not strong enough to get the back wheel up very much; '86 Venture Royale was similar with its single disk operating front brake (unified rear brake; other front disc and rear together) :(

Last edited:

cr125freak

Jul 11, 2005
ive heard them called endo's.. Practice going down hills (small hills) its easiest there. But i can usually do them but its all a traction issue. Some days its really easy and some days not.. I also think speed makes it easier. Dont lock up the front brake though.. Slowly pull it in ( much faster than when stopping) then when the back tire is up as high as you can take it slowly let the brake out. This process will allowm you to almost ride the stoppie, brakie, endo.

Top Bottom