Stroking a 2001 RM 125

crawl9

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
I was wondering about stroking a 125, I've read that you could by an offset pin and wonldn't have to rebore the Pin locations? if so where can you get this? Also, How far can you strok a 2001 Rm 125. I work as A machinist, Is this something I could do myself? also, what parts would I need and where Can I get them?,
Thanks

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I think it would be more cost effective just to step up to a 250.

Steve

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
I like the idea of a stroker 125. :p I'm thinking about going big bore (144cc) from EG after the summer, maybe it could be stroked too. Interesting food for though, a 125 with some bottom. Hmm... its like a V8 Camaro getting good gas mileage, its just not something easily pictured. :silly:

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
The use of off-set pins are popular with tuners in Germany. Basically a pin is off-set grinded. Estimated cost is about $400. But what's the sense? When the rod wears out you'll have to spend another $400 to get just another crank pin, let alone the rest of the rod kit ($100).
Personally I'm not a big believer in investing huge sums of money into motorcycles that devaluate rapidly like dirt bikes.
There is a good article that I posted about crankshaft stroking earlier this fall, its worth reading if you're thinking of stroking and engine. If you're a machinist then use the most simple method of machining the pin bore opff-set and inserting a bushing then boring the hole to suit the stroke change. Thats the cheapest, simplest way to change the stroke. Use .004 inch for interference fit, Suzuki cranks are commonly set up originally with less interference and thats one of the reasons that the cranks fail by slipping out of true in operation.
Good luck

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…