Submit your black bike pics?

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Ok, I know this may be a tired topic but...I'm very interested in going with the black bike look.
I did the forum search and found mostly outdated / dead links. Can everyone submit their black bike pictures here with brand names, part numbers, links, and installation tips if possible. Just bike pics would be fine too.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Here's some photos of my 1999 KDX220. You may not be able to see them if you are not a subscriber and are only registered. The fenders are from Jeff Fredette and are Maier brand. The number plate is UFO Suzuki or KX, they both work. Be advised though, I have the KX front suspension.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• akdx42.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 385
  • akdx43.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 314
  • akdx45.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 295

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Thanks Skipro

Great looking bike. I would like to do the KX forks as well. Maybe someday.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
After selling off my origional parts and buying my front end off e ba y, It cost me a net total of $50 to switch over. When you get ready, contact me and I'll walk you through it Easy really.
Nice bike Braahp. I like the blacked out frorks, sprocket and rims. All you need now is some SWAT emblems to complete a commando look. Well, that and a spas12.

KayDeeXer

May 7, 2004
Braahp:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get those excel rims for and where did you get them? I have always thought the black rims looked awesome on these bikes.

Thanks!

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
Those are some sweet looking bikes! I really like the black fenders and the fork conversion too.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Nice rides guys. Hey Braahp whats that white stuff on your grass in the first few pics??? Looks cold... :(

lankytim

Feb 26, 2004
I just got my 1999 KDX200 frame sand blasted and powder coated black, looks superb in my opinion. Still got original colored plastics at least for the meantime (considering buying some black plastic after looking at your pics above). I'd submit a pic but a) it's not all back together yet, and b) I dunno how, or if I can attach pics.

I hope it wears well. Pretty cheap too, I'm stoked. Recommend it.

ConqSoft

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Here's my black bike....

...but it may not be what you had in mind. :nener:

I was looking for some black plastics for my XR400, but I haven't had any luck finding a complete set yet. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1000rr_052604 001.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 137

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
KAY DEE EXER said:
Nice rides guys. Hey Braahp whats that white stuff on your grass in the first few pics??? Looks cold... :(

HeHe..........Yeah even in southern U.S. we see a little of the dreaded white stuff in the winter. That was winter of 2002 when that was took I think. Makes for some killer riding though when there is a few inches on the trails. And the Excel rims.......I can't remember but I think I had about $300-350 in them by the time I got all new spline drive spokes and got them laced up. I just got them from a local dealer here via Parts Unlimited. Luckily I rode with the parts guy and got great deals at the time. Call me crazy but you'd be amazed the difference the Excels make. Gives the bike a much more solid overall feel.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…