gsxrk7

Apr 8, 2007
Howdy Gent's

I was curious what kinda gear you guys use in the hot summers.

I am contemplating on picking up a "pressue suite" I believe that what they are called and was curious if anybody had any info on these ones and if they were ventilated good for the extreme hot summers (las vegas).

1. Troy Lee Speed Jacket
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Troy_Lee_Design_Leather_Speed_Jacket_p/3510-0203t.htm

2.Thor Impact Rig
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Thor_Impact_Rig_SE_p/2702-0030pu.htm

3.SixSixOne
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/SixSixOne_Pressure_Suit_p/sixsixone101.htm

Any other's that you recommend?

I dont mind a little discomfirt(heat) for safety, just was curious on there ventilation.

Much appreciated gents

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
Pressure suits are not ventinated and will be very hot on a hot summer day.
Personally, I think youd be better off with a traditional roost guard and a pair of elbow pads. You would get much of the effect of a pressure suit but wouldnt be a hot.
I had a Thor Impact Rig SE and I liked it but it was very hot and the sleeves were too small for my arms, and I ended up selling it on ****.

gsxrk7

Apr 8, 2007
Thanks for the advice guys,

I really do like the pressure suits, but if wearing a regular roost type armor and a jersey under it would keep me cooler then thats probibly the route I will take.

Much appreciated gents

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I totally disagree with Octane250F. It is not smart to sacrifice safety for very minimal comfort. These suits are really not that hot when you get moving. Don't let his comment sway you. I've ridden in the California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas during the summer with my EVS BJ22 ballistic jersey and was not that uncomfortable. As long as you keep yourself hydrated, you will have no problems.

gsxrk7

Apr 8, 2007
02yz426f said:
I totally disagree with Octane250F. It is not smart to sacrifice safety for very minimal comfort. These suits are really not that hot when you get moving. Don't let his comment sway you. I've ridden in the California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas during the summer with my EVS BJ22 ballistic jersey and was not that uncomfortable. As long as you keep yourself hydrated, you will have no problems.

I ride around in my leather jacket on the bike and it only gets hot when I am stopped at a light.

I dont mind a little discomfirt for safety, and those jackets look like they would be good for when I do go down.

Didnt even think of the EVS one, will have to check that one out.

They dont look like they would get terribly hot.

Last edited:

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I have a 661 pressure suit and wear a Moose Sahara jersey and pants in summer. This winter I bought a traditional roost guard and will be wearing it in the hot periods (over 75) this summer - the pressure suit got VERY hot.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom