Supension setup W/Kouba links

jmd9052

Apr 8, 2002
I just ordered a set of #2 Kouba links for my 2000 kdx 220. (Lowers rear about 1.5"). Does anyone else have this setup...i need some starting points to set up the suspension with the kouba links. I am about 5'-3"....135-140 lbs with my gear on. I ride pretty much everything (aggresively) from tight woods to airing out the bike in local gravel pits. I just need a starting point to set up the suspension such as sag, rebound "clicks" etc.... I also plan to raise the forks 1/2" in the clamps like the kouba links website says to do. Needless to say i am not that comfortable with the stock setup...but i still enjoy riding it! Any input would be appreciated

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I recall kouba having suggestions for sag settings? Last I tried their site, it was 'under construction' and n/a....so can't check it now.

Does seem is was different than your 'normal' 100mm starting point.

No matter what anyone would 'suggest' as clicker settings, you'd need to change them to suit you, anyway.

You refer to 'rebound' so assume you are talking about the shock? (no rebound on the forks..unless you spent a considerable sum getting it done ;) )

Numerous write ups on that on the web. References to packing, kicking, and (front) cutting and washing.....all those teknical terms.

In any case, the clickers need to be set by the rider for the rider.....not someone that gives you a click# over the web.

...sez me......

BTW...@135-140#, although the koubas will soften the shock spring somewhat (better leverage due to longer levers)..you may well do much better with a 4.6. Something different from the 5.0kg/mm stocker anyway.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…