wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I finally checked out my sag today. I already knew my shock was gonna be too small for me at 260+lb. But I thought I’d try it out anyway.

Before any adjustments my sag was:

Static - 38 mm

Race - 147 mm

After adjusting:

Static - 6 mm

Race - 108 mm

Seems like it would ride pretty harsh set up like this. :think: But, I dunno?
My question is:
Should I put it back so my static is closer to where it should be at 25mm-35mm until I can afford a new spring?
Or..........?

Thanks
Wibby

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Have you ridden it after 'the change'?

A free sag of 38mm!? Guess the other guy was a bit smaller'n you? ;)

Dang, wibby..you need summa that ultra-lo-carb michelob.....

haCK-COFF!!!-SpiT...man that stuff stinks!!!

Don't move the free sag back so far. Get the best margin out of it you can. Seeing as it's going to be off anyway......set free sag to about 15mm until you get a spring for it.

BTW...richard wilson at house of horsepower (eujean) may have a used spring that would suit you. Might be worth a call before you 'spring' for a new one.

He's the ktm dealer in eugene. Just moved from the yamaha shop in cottage grove. Probably not in the phone book.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I actually have not had a beer for awhile, well since Sunday anyway, but when I do, I drink Black Butte Porter, It's da best!
But drink it responsibly, because one of these is like two of most beers! I think I may have been drinking some the night I bought my KDX on ebay! ;)
I also had some Guinness on tap at the Wee Irish Pub, Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about!

Back to the bike, ......Burp!

No I have yet to ride it. I've never had any experience with this stuff, so I was just seeing how close I could get the race sag to spec. I surely knew I was not gonna have much static sag as soon as I righted the bike and it did not hardly squat at all.
I had it at 12 mm and 123 mm or so, I guess I should have left it there.

Thanks for the info on House of Horsepower, I see they have a web site, I'll have to get in touch with them. www.houseofhorsepower.com

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
This is going about this the wrong way..but if you want to balance a bike that has too much race sag, you could raise the fork tubes in the clamps a bit. That would reduce the 'push' you'll have with the 'too much squat'.

As long as you're drinking ..oops, I mean dinking with stuff...lowering the frontend 1/2" or so might be something to 'dink' with.

A set of shorter pull rods would stiffen the backend up some. Would end up costing you more'n a spring, though. You could make a set, I 'spose. Shorten them up by a couple mm.

Guinness. Ugh. It's a stout wannabee imo. Thin, short on flavor..and that little pill-in-a-can doesn't work. I had a good pint of it (draught) in SF a couple of years ago. Guinness drafts up here have been a big disappointment.

Obviously a matter of personal preference.

Still looks like we're riding on the forest creek side this sunday (bunny flat) btw. Going to be a beautiful riding day.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
:think: hmmm.... maybe it was not Guinness then? I dunno? But I liked it, it had a head on it that resembled a chocolate milk shake, very good flavor too! ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom