qdog

Aug 13, 2003
hey, i just got my 96 kdx 200 last summer and have not done anything to the forks or the rear shock except for "clicking" them or adjusting the tension. what should i be doing? thanks for the help.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
A must is to clean and re-lube the suspension linkages and bearings. Use a good water proof grease.

Buc

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
BucKat said:
A must is to clean and re-lube the suspension linkages and bearings. Use a good water proof grease.

Buc

Ditto this advice. I just went through the swingarm and link bearings on my '98 and they were junk. Totally needed replacement. Use BelRay waterproof grease. Steering bearings are next.

Quailchaser

Jan 30, 2004
I second (or is it third) the grease the suspension and steering head bearings advice.

Just did mine last month on my '03 220. Bike had approximately 200 miles and about 20 hours on it. The bearings were in good shape but there was 0 grease on the suspension and minimal on the steering head. One of the swing arm bearings had the slightest amount of surface rust. Not enough to damage the bearings but wouldn't have survived much longer. Apparently grease is at a premium in Japan.

Later
Robb

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom