Suspension mods

sharpie

Aug 7, 2002
I am going to race and I was wandering about suspension mods. The mods I was going to make was from race tech. I want to get some new springs and get it revalved. Is it worth the money, is it hard to do.

CR125_Ride

May 19, 2002
from what i hear a properly valved and sprung suspension can do wonder. However i have a 95 cr125 stock suspension i weigh 130 I adjusted the sag to 1 1/2 inches of static sag (no rider) and that is the maimum you are suppose to run unless you are challenged in the height department. And race sag i have about 2-2 1/2 inches (rider in full gear on bike) i run stock compression and rebound (2 clicks slower rebound in front). To get back tomy point i would love to have custom suspension but this setup works nicely for me.

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
If you can rebuild your forks,you should be able to do the Gold Valve. Just follow the instructions. You will need a vernier caliper to measure the shims(in mm's). The shock is about the same way.If you have serviced the shock before then you should be able to do the Gold Valve. You will need a source of nitrogen air to charge the shock. Race Tech has a video that comes with its GV's. Watch it and it will help.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…