Suspension Sage

mstehouwer

Mar 30, 2002
I need some basic help. What the best setting for the sage. On Just KDX has a small note about it: Set the race sag. Most KDXers will set their sag between 95 and 100mm. For instructions on how to set your race sag check out MX-Tech's web page.

I went to MX-Techs site and it has a bad link. Can someone help me with some instructions on how to setup my sage.

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
To set sag, put the bike on a centerstandand meas from where the sidepanel and rear fender meet to the axle. write that number down. Have all your gear on and take bike off stand. Sit on bike with ALL of your gear on. Balance yourself so that ALL of your wt, is on the bike and have someone meas. the same pts. again. Subtract this number from the 1sr number. this is your sag. To adj. loosen the shock lock ring on top of the shock and turn the second ring to tighten or loosen the preload which will change the sag. This whole process may have to be repeated till the sag is where it should be.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…