HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
on my new 250F I'm having a terrible time keep the bike straight off of jumps and crashed pretty bad the other day after landing sideways. I never had this problem on my 125.

I've read/been told that the suspension setup could be a big if not all part of the problem (it's happening on multiple jumps, in different directions etc). I have no reason to think this isn't true, but just wanted to see some other opinions.

Anyone else had this problem when switching from a 2-stroke to 4? Is the torque of the 4-stroke contributing to this?

The first bike I got I bought used, so this is my first new one (it's not new now :bang: ) Do you always have to adjust the factory suspension settings?

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Make sure that you are not weighting one peg more than the other. Even a bad suspension setup should fly straight, It might kick the rear high, but should still fly straight.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Have you checked your rear axel alignment ? Most new bikes I have gotten are slapped together by the dealer - back axle out of line, front forks in a bind etc. I agree with masterphil - bike should fly straight just may kick you over the bars if the suspension is not set right.

Lost

Nov 12, 2000
I was having a huge problem with this a few weeks back (see Huston we have a problem in this forum..) I was able to correct my errors by thinking a little more about what i was doing. Like in roadracing, smooth is fast. It also seems that smooth means straight jumps! i started to get the problem when i was trying to go faster. You are probablly right about in the same area of the learning curve that i am in terms of track riding. Another thing that helps me to be smooth is to remember, you have to slow down to go faster. Think about it next time you ride and you will see its true. If you slow down you will be much more smooth and it turn go faster. Good luck!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Lost said:
Another thing that helps me to be smooth is to remember, you have to slow down to go faster. Think about it next time you ride and you will see its true. If you slow down you will be much more smooth and it turn go faster. Good luck!

I would love to take that advice. But then I would be going backwards :laugh:

Top Bottom