suspension setup

kdxer200

Jan 30, 2003
hello i like to ride my 2003 kdx 200 in trails mostly. but i still like to ride it for mx so my question is how should i set it up so i can ride it on both.

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
Tough question! As you can imagine you dont have an mx bike? You are really looking at two different setups. The quickest and easiest fix would be to wind your fork and shock compression adjusters in to full hard. If that doesn't satisfy you then you need to look at some internal mods. ie springs, oil, revalve.

Good luck

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Yeah, I'm with dbrace, your are speaking of opposite ends of the spectrum. The best you can do is a significant compromise on both ends, unless you are ready to do internal changes between trail rides and MX rides.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
The front end on your KDX is very weak, stronger fork springs should help some, but the KDX was never designed for MX, so it will never work as well as an MX bike.
I sent my forks off to get resprung, and re-valved. Jeremy told me that the stock forks on the kdx were so poor, that a suspension tuner can very easily make them work better. But trail and MX setups are diffrent.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…