TonyRose

Dec 22, 2001
I would like to know of any recommendations for tuning the suspension on a 2001 KX125. I like really stiff/firm suspension without heavy rebound. How can I firm up the stock forks to prevent brake diving and give more lift off jumps?

TonyRose

Dec 22, 2001
I race motocross. I weigh 160lbs. Current setup is stock with the compression as hard as it gets and the rebound about 75%.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Hmm interesting one this:
Your weight is in the ball park for your bike,
The rebound side you could do with a revalve as you have the adjuster set pretty far out now.
The 2000 KX 250(almost the same i beleive) i looked at had a soft base valve setting which i think is where you are finding your dislike to the present set up.Thicker oil will not help as your rebound could be slower.
One thing i wonder about is the std midvalve shims tend to warp and this causes a mushy feel.
One answer would be to get a KTM as they have very stiff suspension.
Seriously i think you are going to need a revalve- i say this alot but mainly because many set ups arnt valved for the type of rider who buys them.:(

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Thought of some more answers-you could increase the preload on the spring by adding some thick washers under the spring-this will help hold up the front,also maybe one step stiffer springs wont hurt(upto 0.42kg/mm)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom