suspension

smurfy064

Oct 11, 2002
I just got 2001 kdx 220r (it was a new left over) and would like some input on the suspension. I am 6' 1" 215 int. cross country and vet moto cross--I used to race a yz 250 and nearly died(for real) in a crash about 6 years ago--I got a xr 400 and did not like the weight--so I got this 220 to follow my six year old around the track on and something came over me--I still want to ride and go fast, but the suspension is real soft and it seems to run out of power up top--any advise would be appreciated,or if you think I just need a different bike tell me now while it's still new....I really like the way it feels and rides it just needs a little help....thanks Mark

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I think that a FMF REV pipe, stiffer springs in the front and some jetting should take you all the way. KDX's are not YZ250's but should give you what you want if they are set up correctly. Just search the forum, there are a lot of posts on all the items I have mentioned.
Good Luck, I think you will love your bike as soon as you get it setup right! ;)

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…