Swingarm linkage from a newer KDX

travbowls

Jun 24, 2008
Anyone know if the swingarm linkage from a '96 KDX200, will work on a '90 KDX 200? My linkage, where the monoshock attaches, the hole is totally stretched out, to where I am worried it could break.

The new Linkage piece is $134, so I found one on eBay from a '96 for $20 with shipping. It appears all the bearings and everything are the same, but from the picture, not sure if they are different sizes? I'm assuming if they are slightly different sizes, the geometry of the rear suspension will change.... I am ok with this, just wondering how it would change, and if anyone knows how this will work out.

Here is how they look in the micro-fiche:

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
The part number in the picture only refers to the type of part. Kawasaki usually will call all swingarms some number (e.g. 58901) and then put on a 4-digit extension to differentiate between all bikes (e.g. 58901-9804 could be a kz440 and 58901-4539 could be a kx100). Those are not the real part numbers, just how they do things. If you need the linkage, I have the linkage from my 94 that I am selling and it will fit the 1990 model as the full part number (39007-1180) is the same for 89-94 models. The 96 model is part number 39007-1229, note the difference in the last for numbers. Anyways, PM me if interested in the linkage.

travbowls

Jun 24, 2008
Hmm, ok, I guess I'll just try the one from the 96, and see if it works/what the difference is. When I do, I'll let everyone know how it worked, in case someone else is in the same boat as me.

Thanks everyone.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
travbowls said:
Hmm, ok, I guess I'll just try the one from the 96, and see if it works/what the difference is. When I do, I'll let everyone know how it worked, in case someone else is in the same boat as me.

Thanks everyone.

Did you get it yet? Just curious how it worked out as the pictures looked a little different on the parts files. And remember all parts can be filed to fit. :)

Top Bottom