Swingarm: Suppose to have drain holes?

220RKDX

Jun 27, 2002
Got to looking at my 02220 KDX this morning. Noticed a small hole at the back of the swingarm on the top side (sprocket side of the bike). It was a 7/64 hole that was factory drilled out. That was the only place on the swing arm. On the bottom side opposite the top hole, there is an indent in the casting but no hole. The indent is the same size as the 7/64 hole on top. On the brake side of the swingarm in the same location there are indents on the top and bottom, but no holes. Am I suppose to drill out these impressions in the swing arm to let water and crud drain out of it?

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
My guess is the hole is there for when it was welded together to let the hot gas out.

You could drill the other hole, then roll around some linseed oil in the swingarm.. But I'd personally just ride it as it is.

Jon!

EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
mine has a hole on the top and the bottom on both sides of the swingarm. I posted a question about this a little while ago. You may do a search to see what responses I got (if I remember correctly, they were pretty general "I have them too" type items).

Top Bottom