Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
So I've decieded that its time to try this full race full thing out. I've talked to a few local guys and can pick up Phillips b35 at what I think is a good price. Now my question is since I have just rebuilt the top end and haven't done break in yet should I break it in with the race gas or do break in then switch? And I was thinkin of mixing it 50/50 with 91 octane pump as I'm just a poor kid. Will the bike be needing drastic jetting changes. And my main concern as with race fuel is will this cause my motor to wear out faster?

DAMON D

Jun 7, 2003
For what you have to give for race fuel nowadays it aint worth the small if any gain you get. and usually a bike mixed 50/50 runs a little richer

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by DAMON D
For what you have to give for race fuel nowadays it aint worth the small if any gain you get.

I would have to dis agree :) If you take the time to study and choose a fuel suited to your aplication, then jet your bike for that fuel the gains can be surprising :think:

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If I remember right, the B35 is oxygenated. You should have to richen your jetting for the extra oxygen. But IMO if you are running the fuel for extra crispness and performance reasons (not just octane.) mixing the fuel 50/50 is kind of a waste in a stock motor. Especially if you are not going to take the time to jet for the fuel.

Top Bottom