YamahaMan_2k

Oct 31, 2001
Ok first of all this is my first dirt bike.I have years of experience on 400ex's and banshees,but i want somethin quiker and more agile. Would a KTM 125SX be a good bike for me?I ride mostly trails and some motorcross.Also is it worth the extra money instead of a yamaha or honda?

-Thanks

Adam 982

Mar 29, 2001
Definatly worth buying the KTM.. it puts all the other bikes to shame.. and the funny thing is.. look at the MSRPs on the YZ125s and the 125SXs............ theyre both the same! MSRP $4999 ;)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Just my $.02

The '02 KTM 125 is a very FAST bike ... but has little bottom end power and has a powerband for intermediate-expert riders.

Maybe for your first bike you might consider the '02 KX, CR, or YZ which have a little more bottom end power. You don't have to always keep them above 8,000-9,000 rpms to have power like you will with a KTM. But my best advice is to try to ride a few different bikes first... that's the truly best way to find out what will be good for you.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
after years of rice bikes, buying into all of the Barbara Striesand that was said about euro bikes I bought a KTM in '01, didn't know what I was missing, for $1,000 more the KTM is worth it, at roughly the same price it is a steal! Just bought my second KTM, won't go back to Jap bikes.....:cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
nikki,
When I first started riding my 125sx, I too felt it lacked alot of bottom. But I realised that I just needed to ride it differently than my yz125. Although it does lack the bottom of the competitor bikes, it is very managable. You just need to have a different style with the bike. It responds well to clutch slippping too.

I would not trade the unmatched power and mid-top performance of my 125sx for any other 125.

Yamahaman_2k....the KTM won't need mods to be fast as anyone else, but you will have to do some tinkering (soft seat foam, maybe diff bars, susp. work) to get it to be a comfortable bike for the woods. Plush, they aint.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom