SX Legends on CBS right now (1pm ET)

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
"Jeremy McGrath, Ricky Carmichael, Chad Reed and James Stewart have dominated the sport of supercross for the last 20 years."

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Someone said:
"Jeremy McGrath, Ricky Carmichael, Chad Reed and James Stewart have dominated the sport of supercross for the last 20 years."
there's one legend in there, maybe two, and while they've all dominated SX the last 20 years, the last two haven't quite reached "legend" status yet . . . IMO

And, if you're going to go back 20 years (to 1989 by my reckoning, going by completed championships) where's Stanton? (who has more titles than either Reed or Stewart)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I thought it was a pretty awesome special. Nice to get something like that on national TV... well done, and we enjoyed watching it!! :cool:

I just wish they played it right before or after coverage of a race, so there would have been a bigger audience, but still....

And for the 20 years.... I think the point was all 4 were pretty much racing during the same timeframe. RC, Stewart, and Reed never raced Stanton or Hannah, etc.... and, without checking the results... has anyone won a SX championship in the past 20 years other than these 4 guys (and Emig's '97 win, which they covered too)??? So... makes sense to me.

Although, Reed... and his two championships, neither of the other "legends" raced the full season... but he did win some races against those guys, and... I'm guessing he might start adding again to that win count in the next couple of weeks.

Also, I liked the stat that MC was the only rookie ever to win a SX championship..... halfway through the season, and Dungey has a shot at changing that....

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Why all the hate, guys? They could have done a special on monster truck drivers or something instead of SX :coocoo:

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I watched most of it. But I would rather watch re-airing of some of the races they were showing clips of.

The show wasn't totally lame... But now it's time to crank up the FIM WSB Aussie races 1 and 2. =)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
nikki said:
And for the 20 years.... I think the point was all 4 were pretty much racing during the same timeframe. RC, Stewart, and Reed never raced Stanton or Hannah, etc.... and, without checking the results... has anyone won a SX championship in the past 20 years other than these 4 guys (and Emig's '97 win, which they covered too)??? So... makes sense to me.

I'll make the obvious assumption you are referring to the big bike class only, in that case the only two I can think of in the past 20 years outside the 4 and Emig are Stanton in 90 & 92 and Bayle in 91.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom