MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Will be greasing up two new bikes - axles and suspension linkeages including the stearing head.

A freind of mine in the marine business recomends the "DY-5000 heavy duty grease", as a do it all high quality product. He also states that it is a "water-proof" product.

The web site - www.synergyracing.com obviousely supports this claim, has anybody tried this range of products on their bikes?

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I use Synergyn grease on my bike and have been happy with it. I don't remember the actual part number but it's kind of an off-white, tanish color. We used all Synergyn lubes on our late model stock car when we had it and I believe Synergyn knows what they're doing. To me "wateproof" may be a little bit of an advertising ploy. I would think that most greases could be considered waterproof since water and oil don't mix.

BTW, the link should be www.synergynracing.com - need the n between the y and the r.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Synergyn Lube

Thanks for the correction, this is a red grease which is really tacky.
As to the "water proof" this could be a marketing ploy, but I do know that some tend to have more of a "sling off" factor than others. This really seems to stick in place.
I will know how it peforms in the near future as I am busy greasing the linkeages on my bikes at the moment. ( new bikes - dry linkeages)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I used their pre-mix oil for a few years and liked it. Availbility became an issue, so I ended up switching to something easier to find. If I had a more available (local) vendor, I would consider switching back.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom