plumma

Feb 21, 2005
Hey I'm just throwing this out there, is it possible to use synthetic oil in my 2002 CR125? I would like to be able to just check the oil every 3 months instead of every week...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The cr uses alloy plates and contaminates the oil fast-i never went more than 3 rides with the oil, use cheap oil and replace often.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Clutches (and especially alum. drive plates) contaminate ANY oil very quickly. Be careful of syn. oils. Use one designed specifically for motorcycle gearboxs (transmissions). You may want to change to STEEL drive plates...they're much more durable. It only takes about ten minutes to change your oil...I think that is your best safe-guard. I use a half/half mixture of ATF type F and Valvoline 5W30 (or 10W40 in warm weather), and I change every five hours. It's proved to work real well for me.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
plumma said:
Hey I'm just throwing this out there, is it possible to use synthetic oil in my 2002 CR125? I would like to be able to just check the oil every 3 months instead of every week...

It's not going to happen. It's a high-maintenance race bike. If you want something you can neglect, get an XR.

Go to the auto parts store. Buy a case of Type F ATF. Any kind will do. Use it in the tranny and change it often, particularly if you still have the aluminum clutch plates in there.

Top Bottom