Tag X-5 "Mini High" bars

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Has anyone used these on a KDX? About how much taller are they than the stock bars? And are the knurled sections cut on the same center to center distance as stock?

Trying to find a bar about 2 1/2" taller than the original. Don't care about width, since will be cutting to ~ 29" anyway.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I like my tag 5's cr high's. jr has the bike on it's so many time I lost count and there still straight.

Last edited:

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000

I use these bars. They are taller than stock, with a higher bend. I never measured them against the stock bars so I can't say anything about the 2.5 inch measurement. They improved the stand-up ergos of my bike a lot and are already 29", so they need no cutting down.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Thanks, B - that's what I was hoping to hear. I am trying to improve my stance in standing position. An article in Trail Rider has me thinking I put too much weight on my arms when the legs are straight.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Another thing that helps is to move the bars forward by turning the bar mounts 180 deg.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…