Stock KDX handlebar measurements?

MontanaKDX

Apr 15, 2009
Hello,
I have done a search but have not found the answer to this question. " what are the stock measurements of the handlebars on my 97 KDX 220?" I am hoping to find out so that when I order new handlebars, I will know which ones will fit me better. I want to get some taller bars and need to make sure that the new ones will actually be taller than stock.
I see alot of riders like using the CR Hi bars. Are they 'noticeably' taller than stock? Does their height vary by brand? I am 5' 11" with fairly long arms. I like the width of my stock bars, but when I stand up they are just a little too short.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Can't say what the bars are on your '97, since they may not even be stock (I'd be surprised if a dirt bike could go 12 years without having its bars replaced... ;) ) but the stock bars from my '06 200 have 1 7/8" rise.
You'd be better off measuring the rise of the bars you have now, to find out what you'd need to buy in order to get taller units.
HTH

Mud

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
you really should look at a parts unlimited catolog at your dealer ...they have many brands and alot of diagrams explaining what rise, pull back , and sweep are.

I put the moose 7/8 aluminum XC bend on every bike I get its the tallest bar I could find and the pullback angle is pretty straight so my wrists are straight and elbows high

ronnie l

Feb 16, 2003
MontanaKDX said:
Hello,
I have done a search but have not found the answer to this question. " what are the stock measurements of the handlebars on my 97 KDX 220?" I am hoping to find out so that when I order new handlebars, I will know which ones will fit me better. I want to get some taller bars and need to make sure that the new ones will actually be taller than stock.
I see alot of riders like using the CR Hi bars. Are they 'noticeably' taller than stock? Does their height vary by brand? I am 5' 11" with fairly long arms. I like the width of my stock bars, but when I stand up they are just a little too short.

From what I measured I found the stock bars to be very close to the CR low bend bars offered by MSR. These are the aluminum bars they have out. I bought a set to put on my KDX.
Have not installed them yet but will soon. Check them out on Rockymountainatv.com. If you look in there catalog you can see a lot of different sets that might help you compare along with measurements

MontanaKDX

Apr 15, 2009
Thanks for the responses. I finally got to a bike shop and looked at some bars to compare with the factory ones that are on the bike now. Yep, the CR low is real close. I will be installing CR hi bend. They appear to be just the right height.
I am looking forward to standing comfortably while I ride.

Top Bottom