Brains

Mar 28, 2002
I found this while doing a search for something else.

Anyone know more and what model?
I have a 89/94 200, as far as I know there ain't a spring on the left hand side.

I not sure that a "pipey bike is a great idea iether.

"I have had mine ported by Fredette, added a Rad valve, FMF pipe and silencer, and revalved the suspension. The motor is great. It has a lot of power and is very pipey. One thing I do that I have not seen mentioned is I remove the spring that is part of the powervalve assembly and is located on the left side of the motor. I actually first noticed this when my dads bike suddenly seemed to run much better then mine. We later found that this is what had happened. He called Fredette and said that is actually how he runs his bikes."

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
This is on all the H model kdxs. Is the detent that indexes the KIPS in the closed position.

If you read the rest of that thread, you'd see that some thought it amounted to something, some not. Mods were all the way from removing it altogether to putting another washer on the bolt reducing the pressure on the spring.

Point was to relieve the pressure that keeps the KIPS 'closed' in an attempt to get it open sooner.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You're right Brains your bike doesn't have one so not to worry. FRP does sell a replacement spring for the centrifugal actuator that changes the point where the valves open however. I don't remember seeing it on their web site but if you email them I'm sure they’ll be able to give you any info you're after.

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom