Tall Guy Looking for Second Bike

Ufdah

May 13, 2006
1) your physical size:
6'3", 175lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I usually rip around pretty hard, but after about 40 miles in a day I start to back off.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
A lot of open trails, logging roads, ditch banging, quad trails, playing in gravel pits, jumping. My buddies and I just ride to have fun.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
I grew up on a KX-80 and quit for 10 years. Last year I got a TTR-250 and have had a great time on it. The suspension seems to work pretty good for what I do more trail than track, but it could be a little stiffer. The biggest thing is the power. I'm riding it like a 125, it's always strung out when I'm gettin on it. BUT, I do like the low first gear clawling through the woods torque that it has, I never have to use the clutch if I don't want to.

5) Do you think you will race ?
No, but I might make a couple laps around the local track for fun once every two weeks or so.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Absolutely, I have taken anything to a shop, why pay someone else to do it?

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Not really, I don't care what color it is. As far as the Stroke goes I guess I'd like a 3-Stroke... ;) The simplicity and low maintenance of a two stroke with the gas economy and torque/smooth throttle response of a thumper. If there's any one bike that I kind of have in the back of my mind it's the KDX200 mainly because of the price.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? All the brands are represented localy.

9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
I need to spend less than $4000. That's how much I think I'll get from the sale of my 2003 TTR-250 &TTR-125.

10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I really just want a fun bike that will rip without too much maintenance. I do hit it pretty hard since I'm still just 26 and haven't got hurt bad enough to slow down yet. Also my buddies ride: 450EXC, CRF450X, CRF250X, KX250, and I'm on the TTR. I'm able to keep up with them just fine on my TTR and it actually kind of fun having a lesser bike but I'm getting to limit with this one.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

Ufdah

May 13, 2006
I just found a 2002 YZ250F in the local classifieds for $2200 which is right in my price range. I think I could turn it into a trail tool for a couple hundred and also end up with a pretty good bike. What do you think?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Sounds good, even a 250 two stroke would be good too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…