zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Former Women's national motocross champion Tarah Geiger raced for Team Puerto Rico at the MXoN yesterday at Budd's Creek in Maryland. She was the first woman in FIM history to race at the MXoN (or former MX/Trophee des Nations). Very impressive! She raced a YZ250F in the MX2 class yesterday and qualified 29th. I believe that was out of 33 riders. In another first, this was the first year that Puerto Rico competed in the MXoN. They advanced to the B division and placed 9th out of 12 teams. I haven't seen the results yet showing where Tarah finished in the final race.

Congrats to Tarah on the honor of being selected to race for her home country, having the cajones to do it and doing it well. Thanks, too, for representing the female racers of the world at the highest level possible in team racing.

Last edited:

ShoujoKakumei

Sep 14, 2007
People looked at me like I was nuts for cheering her.

She may have been just a small piece of the history made today, but she'll be a hero to a lot of girl MX'ers just for going out there on the line with the best in the world.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
People looked at me like I was nuts for cheering her.
THOSE people would be the drunk, moron fans.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
She did great, just had some bad luck. The racing was awesome.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
That was pretty cool hearing that she was representin Puerto Rico :cool:

Anybody have any pics of her there?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We do! We just got home yesterday afternoon, so nothing is uploaded yet. As soon as they are uploaded and resized I'll post them. We even have pics of her crash :(

LMLW

Sep 26, 2007
Here are the few that I have:

Attachments

• Geiger MXDN.jpg
    Geiger MXDN.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Geiger sitting smaller.jpg
    Geiger sitting smaller.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 493

LMLW

Sep 26, 2007
Few more from MXdN

Attachments

• Geiger MXdN air.jpg
    Geiger MXdN air.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 454
  • Geiger ride sm.jpg
    Geiger ride sm.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 400
  • Geiger banner sm.jpg
    Geiger banner sm.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 403

LMLW

Sep 26, 2007
Few more, not all necessarily MXdN

Attachments

• Geiger fence sm.jpg
    Geiger fence sm.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 176
  • GeigerLg.jpg
    GeigerLg.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 662
  • Geiger sprocket.jpg
    Geiger sprocket.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 209

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
This is what Phil took of her.

MXoN_Sat356-1.jpg

MXoN_Sat242.jpg

MXoN_Sat218.jpg

MXoN_Sat216.jpg

MXoN_Sat176.jpg

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Great pix, thanks for posting them. She looks good on the bike, definitely the real deal.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Oh yeah, she looked like she belonged out there. She was getting a lot of cheers from the crowd.

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Thanks for the pics - we went over there also! She did SO GREAT! We didn't see it, but heard she crashed hard in her first qualifying heat, so had to go to the LCQ (like half the rest of the guys), where she did really well - in spite of getting a whole wad of sideline banners caught up in her rear wheel, one of your photos showed them really clear. She was doing big jumps, looked fast and relaxed - all the folks wherever we were on the course cheered her on.

We walked the track after they were done, could not believe how rough and rutted it was - never looks that bad from the sidelines. A deeeeeep g-out both before and after the finish line, we could hardly walk it.... sat and watched other walkers as they'd come up over the hill and see the drop in front of them - invariably did an out loud OMFG (or the equivilant) every time!

It was a blast.
-Susan

Top Bottom