dw450

Aug 3, 2003
can not believe that anyone living in the usa would buy a HUSKY or GAS GAS with the problems both companies have had here and over in their homelands (I really dont have to go into details you all know allready)and then come on Dirt rider and complain about it! I about fell off ma seat when I read that a guy was still waiting for his KICK STARTER for his NEW TE450 Husky and said the factory does not know when they will get them in! unbelieveable!!!!!!!! Hey I have some real nice property for sale in the Florida everglades, cheap too.

MrMoto_3

Oct 24, 2003
The Husqvarna/ GasGas dealer in my town is the only dealer that supports off road racing. They are the only ones who know how to setup and tune off road bikes and street bikes. I purchased my Husky because of the dealer. If I had a Kaw dealer like my Husky dealer I would buy Kaw. Same goes for other brands.

As far as parts, the kick lever is the only piece I cannot get for my Husky. I have road Huskys for 15 years, Never have I had any problems getting parts. Those of you who do, it must be your dealer. My dealer even stocks most parts for the Huskys/GasGas.

Husky has always had financial problems. They always seem to bounce back. Don't get me wrong. I think what Husqvarna is doing to the US market and their dealers are wrong. It is truley amazing how their company survives and the loyality their dealerships have. If it was me, I would demand answers and bikes or drop the dealership.

As far as their bikes. DW450 have you rode one? They are unbelievable. The motor is very fast. Excellant low end, strong midrange, revs to the moon, and almost 0 engine braking. Handling is great and after doing some suspension work for my weight, it is perfect.

I have ridden the Japs 450's and in my opinion the Husky is the king of the crop.

I have always told people, buy a bike from a dealer who supports the sport and their riders. The bikes now a days are so competitive its a matter of setup that make all the difference in the world. If the dealer doesn't know how to setup my bike, then thats not a dealer I want to buy from.

Stop reading the maginizes. Their tests are bias. You think they are going to say something bad about the manufacture who adverties the most in their mag. This is corporate America. Everything revolves around $.

If you want the truth, read these forums. You get answers to questions you never hear the mags ask.

Enjoy!!!!!

dw450

Aug 3, 2003
I do know the truth about Huskys and I truly feel the same as you do about all the bike mags and what they say concerning all makes of bikes,most of what you read is BS anyway! And yes I have riden Huskys for about 7yrs on and off, the last Husky I had was a 02 CR 250 set up for Harescramble & probably the best 2 stk I have ever owned! But the dealer networking for the 5 states surrounding me were A BIG JOKE and I should have known better! I just got tired of waiting for parts, the last straw was on a sunday & monday I bought a new bike end of all frustrations & end of story!! good luck with your new Husky and thats great that you found a great dealer enjoy. DW

MrMoto_3

Oct 24, 2003
Sorry to hear about the dealer problems you had. If you decide to ride huskys again try Halls Husqvarna in Springfield, IL 217-789-0107. Good people there.

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by dw450
can not believe that anyone living in the usa would buy a HUSKY or GAS GAS with the problems both companies have had here and over in their homelands (I really dont have to go into details you all know allready)

Not too fair to lump husky and gasgas together the way you have. The GasGas mess is totally straightened out now and GasGas itself is strong financially. GasGas corporate took over distribution in U.S after a little disagreement with the previous distributor - all done now. Both bike and parts prices are very competitive now; All parts are readily available. And some pretty great deals to be had on '03 closeout bikes.

jeff
www.gasgasrider.org GasGas Rider's Club

500cc

Jun 6, 2003
MrMoto_3 you are 100% correct!!! You hit the nail on the head! I firmly believe that almost all the bikes out there today can be competitive as long as you have good dealer support. Even with the internet these days, you still need good local dealers. If I had the good Husky dealer support that you have, I'd be on one myself since I've been wanting a Husky (WR360) since 2001. Too bad they did away with them.

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
I'm afraid I have to give my two cents as well. I've owned three Huskies. Hawaii is a nightmare regarding ordering anything, let alone motorcycle parts. I have never been made to wait more than a couple days for any part - even parts for my old 87'XC430! My compadres riding their Hondas/Yamis/KTMs would sometimes go months, literally, for the simplest of replacement parts.

There were only a couple GasGas riding Oahu - absolutely gorgeous bikes, and close to flawless on the trail. I remember the comment one of my riding buddies made after riding my 98'HuskyWR250 up an incredibly technical and nasty uphill during a rainstorm(ranked number one in his class in motocross - an amazing rider), "Now this, is a bike!"

The difference in riding GasGas/KTM/Husky/TM - out of box race-ready/quality/pride. I would have a difficult time keeping pace with my buddies on their Jap-bikes in the really tight stuff - they are lighter, turn quicker, etc. But my Husky exuded confidence - as soon as the trail or weather took a turn for the worst - the more challenging the ride became - the better she would ride. I'm getting emotional, I gotta go.

Alooooooooooooha!!!
TrailTramp

Top Bottom