Texas comments (spoiler)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Any guesses as to the meaning of the finish line hand gesture in Texas? I must say that the post race handshake is the most respect that I have seen out of those two, toward each other, all hear.

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
Okiewan said:
uhhh... a point and a thumbs-up? Let's see if we can spin that into more anti-Stewart love, lol.

Guess I need to watch it again, but the last corner move by Reed looked like a take-out attempt that missed. Chew on that for a while :p

Well i think that you are joking about the "takeout move," so i will say this. Ralph Shaheens man crush for stewart kind of took away from his job to call the race. Jeff Emig had to takeover.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
handshake is the most respect that I have seen out of those two, toward each other
Maybe Chad has come to grips with the fact that he just can't beat the guy? Not trying to be an arse, I'm serious. Chad was good on the podium, seemed like it wasn't killing him to get the 2nd. I mean seriously, how many would kill to be considered the 2nd fastest SX racer on the planet? Yeah, that's "settling" I suppose, but at some point, reality takes over and maybe it's best to learn to deal with it?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Okiewan said:
I mean seriously, how many would kill to be considered the 2nd fastest SX racer on the planet?

Technically speaking...... 3rd fastest. :rotfl:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Who punted Langston off the track, I couldn't tell?

Did you guys get any pics from the race?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Okiewan said:
RC isn't a "SX racer", last I heard, he retired.

But you didn't say current racers, you said 2nd fastest on the planet. A retired RC is still faster than Chad Reed.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
rickyd said:
Who punted Langston off the track, I couldn't tell?

Did you guys get any pics from the race?

I tried to watch it close on the replay. looked like Reed was pushed out and bumped Langston. But I'm not sure..

Bubba was definitely taking it easy toward the end, I think he was a little surprised on the last corner that Reed was right there.

Well Bubba says he is taking a vacation.. Reed says he wants to but will be working on things.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I don't know about accepting 2nd, I looked back to the time card, .885 seconds and the end. Then the race report show (I think that's what it's called) showed a little more of the Stewart interview where he stated that Reed was pulling a triple/triple section that he wasn't, and J-bone said that if he didn't then Chad could get him. Also, lap 20 for Reed was faster than any lap from Stewart.
Since you mentioned the last turn, I think it was an attempt at a block pass (with willingness to make contact if necessary ) that went too wide. I don't doubt that it was intended to slow Stewart. You must admit that it is the first time this year that he has been close enough to even try something like that.
All in all, it was a good race, and I wasn't trying to be anti-Stewart this time (but his pass on Short looked a little iffy). Maybe in two weeks.
Timing src: http://206.168.146.115/sx/AMAflashresults.html

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Dude, Nice spin. So he had the fastest lap, what does that do? JS was so far out in front, he was coasting. Believe me when I say I would MUCH rather have reedy win than JS, but lets be honest, unless something HUGE happens, it isn't going to be anytime soon.

Back to boring SX.

When does MX get here and when will Poto be good enough to challange?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
sixds said:
does bubba kinda look like dave chappelle to any of you guys?
nay, Dave could use braces. Bubba already had his toofers straightened.

And I'm thinkin' Bubba can't pull of a Rick James bit like Chapelle. Plus, I don't think Dave can lay off the weed long enough to start a dirt bike, much less ride one.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I had a great time at the race. The tail gating, the race, and the scenery. I swear, Dallas must have the hottest women on the planet. I was almost suffering from dehydration thanks to all the fluid I lost through drool. :)

I was really worried after all the storms on Friday, but Saturday turned out to be a PERFECT day for watching some racing. The track crew also did an awesome job of getting the track in great shape after so much rain.

I was hoping K-dub would step up as had the 2nd fastest qualifying, and then was challenging Reed in the heat race when he ate $%#@ in the rythm section. He didn't look on his game the rest of the night after that. The lites racing was awesome as usual... LOTS of carnage... It stunk not having RC out there for the sx class, but at least Reed rode fast enough to keep JBS honest.

Overall I had a GREAT time... albeit I'm still feeling the effects of MANY trips to the beer/liquor stand 2 days later...

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
rodH said:
So he had the fastest lap, what does that do?
It shows that he still has a little fight left. He made up 2 1/2 seconds within 5 laps, and it was the fastest lap of the race, not just the fastest last lap. He didn't win, but he was right there at the last turn. If he can keep it up, the chance of late races mistakes by Stewart goes up considerably.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
i think that Stewart let off towards the end, maybe because he didnt know how far back Reed was, but i believe that he thinks and knows that the points race is over and he's bagged it, thats why Reed was staying with him. answering the question regarding who punted Langston, i replayed it 3 times, and i believe it looked like Reed pushed him wide.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001

I'm pretty sure Bubba knew how far back Reed was. The mechanic is supposed to write that stuff on the board - not too difficult. I think Bubba just gave enough to win towards the end. He's looking towards the championship(s).

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I can't believe the lack of comments about Millsaps' effort in the heat race. Bubba jumped out in #1 spot, but Millsaps was consistantly staying a full straight away back....then a HUGE gap to the rest of the field. And Ralph/Jeff had zero to say about it.

Also surprised that Tedesco was 4th in points after the bad luck he's had all season.

As for the race, I thought it was great. JBS showed he's got amazing speed again. He played it smart to let off and cruise though because I HIGHLY doubt he could have kept that pace for 20 laps without wiping out. That track looked greasy and those ruts were getting gnarly.

Kudos to Chad for racing his own race and ALMOST sneaking by JBS. That would have been a tough pill for JBS to swallow of Reed had passed him with a hard block pass at the end.

These mud races really help equalize things so I'm looking forward to Washington.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
2.5 secs in 5 laps is pretty impressive, but I think JBS coming from second to last to first, through traffic, within 10 laps pretty much trumps 2.5 secs in 5 laps any day of the week. Where did you buy those rose colored Reed glasses that you watch these races through? I may have to pick up a pair to see if it makes these races any more interesting. :nener:

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Hey guys, watchout for SEAN HACKLEY in the lites class. He made his debut in the lites class after coming back from an injury, took 2nd in the heat race,and if it wasn't for the spill after the 1st lap that put him in last but worked his way to about i think 16th he could have made the podium.

Last edited:

towlie

Jun 5, 2005
Okiewan said:
uhhh... a point and a thumbs-up? Let's see if we can spin that into more anti-Stewart love, lol.

Guess I need to watch it again, but the last corner move by Reed looked like a take-out attempt that missed. Chew on that for a while :p

Na, a take out move would have been this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKncJwfBbM.
He caught Stewart plain and simple. :nener:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…