that distinctive shin scar, anybody?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Shin scars:
I automatically assume that anyone riding a dirt bike would already be wearing boots. I have no shin scars from M/C riding. However they ARE all gnarled up from my old BMX days. Never broke any bones on a bicycle, but they are road rash/scab producers! You can still see some of the evidence of my BMX mishaps, and that was like 35-40 years ago.......
You mean like when you miss the pedal and get it raked the length of your shin, bmx pedals of course!

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
I always thought that wearing MX boots would wear away your clutch covers but i guess a hundred dollar clutch cover is cheap considered to a trip to the E.R. I will be looking for a pair real soon.

tommrth

Apr 22, 2008
i used to have a nasty scar on my calf from a left hand kick on a cz later i burnt it off with the exaust on another bike
get some boots mine saved my ankle last sunday a root tryed to rip my foot off

racer09

Mar 7, 2006
i fractured my foot kick starting my 250f. I was gonna let it warm up a lil while i put my gear on. I kicked while wearing crocs and it kicked back lol

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My shins are mostly scar and dents and bumps. Not from riding, mostly from doing stupid things like falling into drainage tunnels and slipping off ladders.

Get the boots, that's the bottom line, I had a pair of cheap boots when I first started riding, and they literally saved me from a ride to the hospital.

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
My shins are probably 99% scar tissue. Unfortunately, bikes were invented loooong before MX boots. Lineman's boots, blue jeans and polo jerseys were the uniform of the day, for a long time. It was so bad, I remember being thrilled to get "leathers"....I believe those were a precursor to the microwave oven. :(

digifox

May 25, 2006
rmc_olderthandirt said:
Is there some reason that you can't wear boots?

When I started riding I passed on a lot of the protective gear, but as I got hurt I would see the wisdom.

Your body is trying to tell you something. Buy a pair of boots!

Rod

If your stupid enough to no wear gear, you need to get hurt.....OH WAIT...lol

i`ve ridden for 2 seasons with only a helmet,jeans and SOMETIMES a per of gloves... my injuries:
Black berry thorns in my elbow
Rose thorns in my knuckles
A BRUISE on my leg from dropping the bike(STOPPED)
OH and a bruised abdomen(Doc. said i was fine, but it still sometimes hurts)

And hey guess what, i still dont have gear :nener:

Though when i ride street i`ll wear "full" gear :fft:

digifox

May 25, 2006
250girl said:
Those are the only injuries you have now. Wait for it...........

i dont learn unless i get hurt....like NEVER ride bicycles with no shoes :whoa:

Top Bottom