zook125

Apr 17, 2003
the cobra dv 12 has signed a deal to ride for tyler evens one punch team for the rest of the supercross season. he has a good sence of humor. check out racer x.
when asked if the new team would be called two punch , he saidit would be closer to one punch and a bitch slap.....
thats funny

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Lol

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
I saw him and the BooKoo team on some program on speed. He looked soooooo lazy and very cocky. You get out what you put into it.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
pro2k said:
I saw him and the BooKoo team on some program on speed. He looked soooooo lazy and very cocky. You get out what you put into it.
Reality of Speed. I got the same impression of him. I think it's just french arrogance.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
You know, you may be right. I have a friend from France and my first impression of him were damn near the same as DV! But once I got to know him he is a super nice, down to earth guy. However, back to the Speed show, there were a couple other French guys that seemed to be much more driven and motivated. In fact one of them was DV's mechanic that ended up quiting because he felt DV was not hungry to win and lazy. He lived with the cobra and said that his training regimen consisted of sitting on the couch and eating twinkies!

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
pro2k said:
However, back to the Speed show, there were a couple other French guys that seemed to be much more driven and motivated. In fact one of them was DV's mechanic that ended up quiting because he felt DV was not hungry to win and lazy. He lived with the cobra and said that his training regimen consisted of sitting on the couch and eating twinkies!

Yeah I saw that as well. I thought that was awesome that his mechanic was willing to pack his bags if the rider wasnt willing to put in the effort to race to his full potential. I cant say that I blame him I would have done the same. As for the French personality thing, Steve Boniface is racing the East Lites for BOOKOO and he definitely shows some real effort, strong determination, and work ethic in his preparation. I just think that DV has been at the top of the game before and had a secure factory ride and contract for so long that his habits have started to get complacent and I think he is out there just cruising around at this point extending his career as long as he can and pulling a paycheck without putting too much extra effort in. Its hard to tell from just a weekly 30 minute show cause God knows it is easy to put a spin on that reality stuff without a problem, but DV's race results are backing up what I am seeing on the show. When he rides well it is for the first 12 laps or so but after that he just seems to fade and you can really see it in the lap time charts.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Yep, DV pretty much sounds exactly like me exept that I'm not french, don't race, and I start to fade after the first 12 minutes instead of laps. Bring back twinkies!!!

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Sandjunky said:
Yep, DV pretty much sounds exactly like me exept that I'm not french, don't race, and I start to fade after the first 12 minutes instead of laps. Bring back twinkies!!!

Well it typically only takes him about a minute to do a lap on a SX track so 12 laps is about 12 minutes anyway. You and DV are more similar than you think. :laugh: Go knows he can still smoke me 6 ways to Sunday but I still think he's a sandbagger ;)

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
JST122 said:
Well it typically only takes him about a minute to do a lap on a SX track so 12 laps is about 12 minutes anyway. You and DV are more similar than you think. :laugh: Go knows he can still smoke me 6 ways to Sunday but I still think he's a sandbagger ;)
Wow, I never thought of it that way... I reek of talent and never knew it! I still wish they'd bring back twinkies! :laugh:

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Sandjunky said:
Wow, I never thought of it that way... I reek of talent and never knew it! I still wish they'd bring back twinkies! :laugh:

I know I thought the same thing, its a startling similarity. You dont give yourself enough credit. :laugh:

Top Bottom