Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Thought I would share some sad news. If anyone has been around the Grand Nationals in Ponca City, or the races in the Ozark/Gateway region. Mel Gere (the Regional manager for the two) owner of Action Cycle, has decided to call it quits, and retire. He has been a major part of motocross in my area. Especially with the kids. He's the one you'll see at the tracks, with a smile on his face (always) giving out something to the young riders, or spending time behind the table at his shop to get you the accessories or parts you need at mail order prices, within 2 days no freight. Good god, I don't know what I'm going to do without this man. If it wasn't for him, there would have been no way I could have had the cash to get my son to the races he wanted to ride. On top of giving me (and every one else that went to his shop) the best deals in town, and beating prices in mags. If I was low on the greenbacks, I had him order it regular delievery and told him I would pay the other half when it got there. Well, he knew I needed it for race day, which was usuallly before I would have the money. And he would say, "Aw, just pay me when you get the extra money.):scream: . Things like this, is what made this man my hero. He was never in it for the money. Sure he made money. But he was always looking to help a person out. No matter who they where. People would always snicker or turn their backs (if they didn't deal with him before) on his shop, because it wasn't decked out with the nice sparkling floors, massive displays of every product known to a Dirtrider, and lack of organization:) (and that is no joke). He knew every trick of the trade to get the job done quick and simple. And he knew every racer and riders name, even if he had only meet you one time. As I talked to him today and found out of his retirement, I could tell it was hurting him. But I don't now who is hurting more. Him. Or me and the rest of us who go in and swap stories, bench race, and shop. I am not only getting my favorite hangout taken away. I feel like I am getting my best friend taken away. Action Cycle will be missed. But I will still be able to visit Mel at the races. But I fell it won't be the same. :mad:

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
That's a Motorcycle Shop/Dealer!!! There are not many left that are still owned and run by men passionate about the sport. Hopefully someone will carryon the torch!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Wraith as sad as it is to see them go at least this time it is on his terms. All to often these shops are gone because they can't afford to keep doing business in a manner that the customer comes first.
Good luck on finding a new one- luckily we have 2 in our area that operate this way

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom