The first Christmas Miracle of the season??

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
I am putting together the XMAS elliptical I bought #2 and the hubby before the BahHumbug I hate the holidays spirit overtook me....

It is enough to bring a tear of joy to my Scrooge eye.

Behold the hardware neatly sorted. (As well as all machinery clearly labeled, instructions & diagrams which are easily read by feeble old eyes.)

Last edited:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
It actually has two motors- one big lug, and one mighty mite. I'll see if I can post pictures of the duo later.

It's going to take another Christmas miracle for the hubby to use this thing more than he uses the vacuum. But, tis the season of hope and all that. (Actually, I am kidding. He vaccuums a lot. Kinda lucky that way.)

It was actually fun to put together because everything matched up like it was supposed to and had exactly the right number of parts etc. Not quite the disaster working on my bikes can prove to be. At least, not so far. I'll let you know when someone gets an eye poked out by a flying bolt or breaks a leg because things aren't REALLY put together like they should be. Lol.

Last edited:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
I should have this little miracle moved to fitness to track the pound weight loss program, eh? he he he. Every husband loves it when his wife posts his weight loss progress on the internet. Right??

Last edited:

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Perhaps you can do a poll and make things interesting!!!!

Better yet put a generator on it and have it power your home theater I see in the background...lol

LongGone

Nov 27, 2009
fatcat216v2 said:
It's going to take another Christmas miracle for the hubby to use this thing more than he uses the vacuum.
Or you could just be really blunt on Christmas morning and tell him you bought because you think he's fat. :think:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
RYDMOTO said:
Perhaps you can do a poll and make things interesting!!!!

Better yet put a generator on it and have it power your home theater I see in the background...lol

Rydmoto---That would be way cool. :cool: This is well suited for him because he needs to keep his mind busy- magazines, books on tape, movies, news, sports, anything to distract his mind while trying to burn calories. He absolutely hates exercising so hopefully he'll be in his element now.

#2 (daughter #2) likes all the gadgets and bells and whistles- distance and calories burned, that sort of thing. She was working up a head of steam setting goals and accomplishing them within 15 minutes of me making sure all the bolts were tightened proper.

An elliptical or treadmill has been on her wish list for several years. Never was one in my price range til this year. State of the economy undoubtedly because most of the ones we looked at were $1000 off the list price.

Anyway- nice addition to that room, and it went together very sweet, even for the mechanically challenged like me. Nice and solid. And... I wasn't Scrooge this year, lol.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
At least you won't shoot your eye out kid!

Attachments

• shoot your eye out.jpg
    shoot your eye out.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 61

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
RYDMOTO said:
At least you won't shoot your eye out kid!

Roy- I love this movie!! A true Christmas classic. (Although we aregoing to see Sherlock Holmes this X-Mas for our Christmas movie.)

My daughter and I have contemplated BB guns (if not the official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle) in the last few years (as well as paint ball guns) to shoot at the peepers (yes, there apparently are more than one) lurking in our neighbors' bushes...

Meanwhile my second Christmas miracle occurred when I actually went X-Mas shopping a second time, and came home and put up Christmas lights outside and some really cool ornaments in my Redbud tree! Yay me.

But The TRUE Spirit of Christmas descended on me when I read the Yuletide poem written by DRN members & fellow Wisconsiners Tammy Fleming and Sierra Dortch. Thanks for keeping me motivated with your Poem, your riding, and EN-thusiasm!! Aaron is just waiting for me to bring my bike in so he can get the right size studs! Bring on the cold and snow. I am ready. See their Yuletide poem below. :cool:

Last edited:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
BlndeBomber said:
Ice Rider's Christmas - By Tammy Fleming and Sierra D- the coolest riders in WI. (With permission. Thanks!)

Yesterday at 10:27pm on Facebook

Twas the mid of December and all through the state
The riders were giddy, they just couldn’t wait;
Studded tires were stacked by the dirtbikes with care
In hopes the ice would soon be there;

The streetbikes were nestled all snug under covers,
This season is over but there will be others;
Momma had the fenders and I grabbed the wraps
We checked the ice but still there were gaps;

When out in the garage there rose such a clatter
I sprang to the door to see what was the matter.
I threw it open and flipped on the light,
I rubbed my eyes, could not believe my sight;

The temperature dropped below 20 degrees,
All the lakes are sure to freeze.
I ran back to bed and hopped into place,
There was a big smile stuck on my face;

I’ll mount the tires when I get up,
Then load up the bikes into the truck.
We’ll head out to Sunset and ride till dark,
Thank Chad and Heather for letting us park;

We’ll fill up on burgers and relive the day,
Hoping the next will go the same way.
Eventually everyone will head out the door,
Rest assured we will be back for more!

Happy Holidays!!!

Last edited:

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
This is what you need instead of the 200 shot Red Ryder.
Condor air rifle from Airforce.
When you see the peeper your first "over the bow" shot goes past his ear by 1/16th of an inch.He will get the hint.If not....2nd shot says Merry Christmas from Fatcat with a "keep the change you flithy pig" yelled from the bushes.lol

Attachments

• 1-condor-air-rifle.jpg
    1-condor-air-rifle.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom