Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I see a lot of people complaining that they need more than 1 hour of ride time. Now if you do loooong loops sure that's valid but when you consider how much time most people actually are using the power vs. how much time they are sitting around I think it would give about 2 hours of fun give or take a bit.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Very cool but until they can get more time out of the battery it's only good for a quick jaunt. Very useful for stealth riding though and if it got cheap enough I'd get one for rides close to home but those long rides would be all 2 stroke! :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That is way cool! Nice find Vic. Sure I knew sooner or later, but, so little orange to replace, excellent! Wonder what happened to the guys modding CRF's on the west coast? There was a small time when some guy was hyping up some "easy" mods on dang near any model on utube, they did not work so well, kinda like the time I put a 12 volt car battery into a 6 volt barbie car, it did burn outs. But this? Way cool, good deal ktm! Now, lower the price please, and under cut the fossil pukers! Vintage Bob

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Serious electric bikes are definitely picking up some real steam in racing circles with the Isle of Man TTXGP kind of leading the way.

http://www.egrandprix.com/

The bikes are pretty trick and available : http://www.mavizen.com/

Mavizen is evaluating the MX bike concept but I'm not sure it's gotten much beyond that point in development.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4vthf_QdYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4vthf_QdYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That's pretty sweet Rich!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
An hour charge is plenty enough for me. Sometimes 5 feet is a good day! That has to be really cool to ride, and very creepy quite. All the weird gyro effects from the engine and fuel tank, gone. Even the way the engine drives has to be different. A heavy well suspended bicycle with no pedals? Taking a ride on that electric orange has taken presidency over the new 450 YZF. The guys riding longer distances, how far do you get on a tank of gas? Vintage Bob

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Man if the weight could get down I can see electric being awesome for trials.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Hmm....no rear brake pedal, and what looks like a rear brake line that goes all the way up under the front number plate.......that's gonna take some getting used to...Does it have a clutch? Engine breaking? Interesting to say the least....

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
YZ165 said:
Hmm....no rear brake pedal, and what looks like a rear brake line that goes all the way up under the front number plate.......that's gonna take some getting used to...Does it have a clutch? Engine breaking? Interesting to say the least....

Rear brake lever instead of a clutch lever, and why would you need a clutch? You let off the throttle it stops putting power to the rear wheel.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
IndyMX said:
Rear brake lever instead of a clutch lever, and why would you need a clutch? You let off the throttle it stops putting power to the rear wheel.
hmmm . . . freewheeling, or "regenerative braking"?

I'm with Pat. If there's anyone out there that says they put in more than an hour on a bike at a time on a track, they're lying.

Now, for trails, yes, a guy would have to look at actual "engine time" on those 50-75 mile rides, and make sure you got enough battery to do it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom