The new Yamaha Vmax may be a reality WOOO HOOOOO

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
From Motorcycle Daily : http://www.motorcycledaily.com/16february06_vmax.htm

Apparently the new generation Yamaha V-Max, first shown as a concept bike at last year's Tokyo motor show, is now headed for production. Yamaha has opened a website, www.next-vmax.com, which contains a photo gallery of the concept bike, as well as a section where you can give Yamaha your feedback on the bike.

The most interesting question the site poses is probably "How much horsepower do you expect from the next V-Max model?" - the choices range from 140hp all the way to 210hp! There is also a question concerning the advanced features you'd like - options include traction control and ABS.

This is good news for V-Max enthusiasts (or should we say 'members of the cult of V-Max'?) who are eagerly awaiting the new bike. - Alex Edge [email protected]

vmax.jpg

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I sat on a Vmax and the bike show and it wasn't really my style. Supposed to be great bikes though.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
My dad has owned three V-Maxs his current being the '05. He does not like the looks of the new one at all and he liked the fact of having one of the 2000 made for '05.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
lol...anyone taking that on a gravel road should be duct taped to the scoops!

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
210hp on a vmax? LOL. This sounds like the bull-sh*t that yamaha came out this year for the YZF-R6 saying 17,500rpms rev. (Red starts at 18k rpms and ends at 20krpm) and it actually hits 16k and the rev limit kicks in. I'd say give it 150hp MAX to the crank. I'm tired of Yamaha overqouting there bikes.

Don't get me wrong, I like yamaha and ride them. I just get tired of these over-the-limit qoutes to get buyers. Now Yamaha has to buy back all the R6s purchased because of them lying about the RPMS.

tsk tsk tsk

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom