Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Via Cycle News
---------------------------
January 28, 2011 - 05:53 PM
UPDATED: Off-Roader Nathan Woods Passes Away

The former WORCS champ dies after crash
Cycle News has learned that two-time WORCS Champion and ISDE Gold Medalist Nathan Woods lost his life today while practicing for this weekend's opening round of the 2011 WORCS Series in Taft, California.

Woods, from Paso Robles, California, reportedly was kicked off his bike over a tabletop jump and was airlifted to the hospital, where it was confirmed that he had passed away. Initially, we had heard that Woods died of head injuries, but we are hearing reports that he suffered internal injuries.

Woods was 32 years old and has a wife, Amanda, and two sons, Nate and Braxton.

Our prayers go out to the Woods family.

Here is an official release from WORCS Racing:

Today off-road Racing lost one of the greatest off-road Champions ever to throw a leg over a Dirtbike.

Nathan Woods while practicing for the tomorrows WORCS race passed. He will be missed, Our Thoughts and Prayers are with Mrs Woods his Two sons Little Nate and Braxton and the entire Woods Family

God Speed #54

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
How terrible...had not heard this since so heads-down at work. I met him when the WORCS series came to Austin some years back and what a nice guy. Tragic to die so you and leave a wife and little kids behind.

motomaj

Sep 25, 2005
It's the nature of our sport...when you crash it could be the last one. I just crashed over a double and broke my ankle. I could have met Nate .....sorry to hear nate died. His kids will remember him as a stud that's for sure. Take care my friend. Paul

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom